Ponycraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News on the recent drama

+5
Lumina
Rarity
Maxos
Jovial
AdmiralCubie
9 posters

Go down

News on the recent drama Empty News on the recent drama

Post by AdmiralCubie Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:01 am

Recently ponies were told that I was being removed from staff. This is not true. A group of other would-be staff members are mad at me because I am under the belief that you, the community should ultimately run the server. Letting you vote for admins was not acceptable to them, and so they decided I was no longer welcome among them. I well continue to make sure this server is the best it can be. I will always stand with the people, and I will continue to stand with you. More soon be nice!

-Cubie

AdmiralCubie
Admin

http://TheConstructionOfArt.Blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

News on the recent drama Empty Re: News on the recent drama

Post by Jovial Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:10 am

Great! We support you Cubie, you're doing the right thing here. Best of luck. Those other children who are behaving pissy can suck a fat one.
Jovial
Jovial

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxos Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:37 am

With even more recent drama. I can see that this isn't going to be easy. I can't say what happened. But I understand whats going on and I fully support Cubie and his decisions. I will be here if ya need anything. Please don't hesitate to ask.

- Maxos
Maxos
Maxos

Back to top Go down

Post by Rarity Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:32 am

While a community vote on staff seems nice on paper, that's about as far as the nice extends. The fact is that with a community as small as this, a vote is nothing more than a popularity contest... and while competent staff may be popular, popular ponies are not always competent.

On that note, can we hear the other sides of this story? In a democracy, as you say you want, both sides are generally heard in a dispute rather than one side reporting the entire confrontation.
Rarity
Rarity

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumina Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:33 am

There are more than two sides in this Rarity. The whole point of this 'voting' is that you can vote for anyone, meaning the nicest ponies will be appointed admins. and may I remind you that the only way to get competent is to learn the tricks of the trade by doing them?
I have to admit that this is not the best way, simply because a best way doesn't really exist: there will always be a dispute between ponies, it's not the if but the how we deal with it.

the older admins may have been competent, but according to what I've heard about the 'backstabbing' or whatever it may have been, they might not have been so competent at dealing with ponies.

what we need is someone who is both, but I don't know anyone like that. To allow the old admins to 'rule' again would only serve to repeat history.

I realized my post may come off as aggressive, and for that I am sorry ^-0'' I didn't mean to. I'm really bad at phrasing things nicely...

Last edited by Lumina on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : poopy)

Lumina

Back to top Go down

Post by AdmiralCubie Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:11 am

While I agree that this could turn into a popularity contest, I think that no matter what, the community (since they're ultimately who keep the server around), should be able to have a say in choices. I will not turn anyone's personal opinion down simply because I don't like it, because in the end, I'm just the admin. I'm not here to keep this server around, I'm here to keep the community happy so that THEY can do that.

Though, it may also comfort you to know that we're working on a system to help get rid of these "popularity contest". Namely, the admins will be able to veto at a three fourths vote. Unlike previous systems however, if the community is still very adamant that the change be implemented, with a high enough percentage vote they will be allowed to try and pass it again, and this time hopefully more persuasively. We're also working on veto caps so that this already works, and I'm looking into a system so that those who would like not to be subject to server politics, can do so and simply enjoy the server for what it is.

I was kinda tied down as to what I could say before, but now until we're able to figure out the staff better, this is the plan.

Thank you all for your support,
-AdmiralCubie

AdmiralCubie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawn Hunter Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:18 am

Pardon the expression, but this is like an open flame in a room full of dynamite. This is the kinda stuff that could easily start a flame war. I believe that making this a democracy is a good idea but you better be ready for a lot of arguments. Don't get me wrong, in theory, a democracy is a good idea, but there WILL be extremes on all sides, and when they meet, it won't be pretty.
Dawn Hunter
Dawn Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by AdmiralCubie Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Dawn Hunter wrote:Pardon the expression, but this is like an open flame in a room full of dynamite. This is the kinda stuff that could easily start a flame war. I believe that making this a democracy is a good idea but you better be ready for a lot of arguments. Don't get me wrong, in theory, a democracy is a good idea, but there WILL be extremes on all sides, and when they meet, it won't be pretty.

No, but if we don't let those two extremes show their colors, eventually they're going to meet anyway. Then we'll have the lies and deceit that have caused server crashes in the past. Both sides need to be represented so that we can find a medium in everything.

Again though, I'm open to all sides of the debate.if you feel one way or the other, please pm or im me. I'd love to talk.

AdmiralCubie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormfront Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:20 pm

For those folks possibly concerned over this whole mess, have hope!

I don't know exactly how in depth I should go for now, but I've been working on a rather large plan which hopefully will have the answers (or at least half-answers that just need some tweaks) and good compromises to put this whole situation to rest.

It seems that some people just weren't exactly aware of what was in my document though which could have perhaps avoided some of this. Even though I keep bothering them whenever I update it xD

(And man have I been updating it. 19 pages and ever expanding as I make more tweaks and flesh out new sections.)
Stormfront
Stormfront
Admin

http://www.imokaywiththis.com/pony/celestia

Back to top Go down

Post by Leed108 Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:04 pm

We have all got to work together and support each other I've said it before and I'll say it again this fighting gets us nowhere and if it doesn't stop we will be back to square 1 again! Cubie you have my support we just got to put some measures in place to stop/deter these kinds of people.

Leed108

Back to top Go down

Post by williamcll Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:37 am

People needs to lean how to chill.
williamcll
williamcll

http://williamcll.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormfront Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:12 pm

The issue has been resolved.