Ponycraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this needs to be taken care of soon...

5 posters

Go down

this needs to be taken care of soon... Empty this needs to be taken care of soon...

Post by Steel Bullet Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:24 pm

is there something that can be used to prevent griefing on the server? I happen to have 14 stacks of bricks, and half a stack of iron that was stolen.

Steel Bullet

Back to top Go down

this needs to be taken care of soon... Empty Re: this needs to be taken care of soon...

Post by Sir Derpy Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:25 pm

I believe the servers in foalout mode, so you have to get used to it and hide you're stuff better.
Sir Derpy
Sir Derpy

Back to top Go down

this needs to be taken care of soon... Empty Re: this needs to be taken care of soon...

Post by Steel Bullet Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:34 pm

so then approximately how long will i have to wait for the server to have this sort of thing prevented?

Steel Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormfront Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:41 pm

If you catch someone in the act of stealing/destroying your stuff, take some screen shots and throw them up in a new topic in the Server Information forum and tell us what happened.

Or let either DianePinkamena or myself know while we're in game and we'll see what we can do. There won't be much we can do though besides kicking, banning, or wiping the offenders inventory and dropping them in a bedrock prison.

Otherwise yeah, it is foalout mode. Hide your valuables well because if things go missing or get broken, there is no way to tell who did what and you'll be out of luck. That is Vanilla for you.

--
As for how long you'll have to wait for this problem to be dealt with, this is just a temporary map and temporary server. It likely will remain in foalout mode for it's lifetime (1 month) before things are switched over to the proper server. Though those specifics are to be sorted out after people are put in charge and stuff.
Stormfront
Stormfront
Admin

http://www.imokaywiththis.com/pony/celestia

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Bullet Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:45 pm

*sigh* then im going to have to move to a secluded area or carry my stuff with me and risking it all if i die....i guess i really dont have much of a choice then do i?

Steel Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by williamcll Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:04 am

Or make use of ender chests.
williamcll
williamcll

http://williamcll.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormfront Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:23 pm

The Nether is disabled making getting an already hard to acquire Nether Chest even harder.

Perhaps though I'll hand out a bunch of them at some point to help people keep their stuff secure.
Stormfront
Stormfront
Admin

http://www.imokaywiththis.com/pony/celestia

Back to top Go down

Post by Madoor Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:38 pm

Well, I hoped people would work together to build the spawn town, but I guess there are people who will steal.
Madoor
Madoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum